by Steve Pratt
Ingredients & Cooking Instructions
Can be cooked in the oven or over a fire outdoors in a dutch oven.
- Skin and disjoint the pheasants.
Have a recipe to contribute?
Contact A1 Al’s today!
- Dredge the pieces in flower and brown in the dutch oven in butter/olive oil.
- Remove the pieces and pour in a couple of large cans of sauerkraut.
- Lay the pieces in the kraut bedding, and pour water in to the oven up to the level of the kraut.
- Place the lid on the oven and in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or onto a bed of coals and shovel coals onto the lid.
- The sauerkraut keeps the flesh of the birds moist and very tender and the taste blends well with the native flavor of the pheasants.
Simple and tasty!!