by Steve Pratt
Ingredients & Cooking Instructions
- 6 -8 pheasants or reduce/increase to suit the size of the crowd
- Debone the pheasant breasts; brown breasts, thighs, and legs in butter with olive oil. Place drained meat pieces and place them in one or two baking dishes.
Have a recipe to contribute?
Contact A1 Al’s today!
- Saute’ 2 cups finely chopped onion, ½# sliced fresh mushrooms and 1 clove garlic crushed in same pan in which the meat was browned. (Approx. 5 min.; stir often)
- Combine ½ cup flour, ½ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon thyme and stir into onion mixture.
- Gradually stir in 2 cans (10 ¾ ounce) chicken broth and 4 chicken bouillon cubes.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Add 2 cups of sauterne or a dry Chablis.
- Pour entire mixture over pheasant meat in the baking dishes.
- Bake covered 400 degrees 30 -45 minutes until tender or 350 degrees for an hour.
Serve with wild rice.